Blood Bank

C atering to the blood transfusion needs of the patients of the 1500-bed capacity national university hospital is the PGH Blood Bank. The unit provides 24-hour blood request processing and daily screening for potential donors and augments its supply of blood products by partnering with various organizations in conducting bloodletting activities in and beyond the university. The noble cause of the Blood Bank traces its humble roots as a project under the service pillar of the Mu Sigma Phi Fraternity, in collaboration with its sorority counterpart, before it was given to the PGH administration and institutionalized in 1942.